One of my favourite cheap thai restaurants is Doytao as I like to be lazy and call it “Daytona thai” LOL. sad but everyone knows what i’m on about. They have a number of thai branches around sydney (Sutherland, Balmain, Glebe, Surry hills, Drummoyne and Newtown (i usually go to these 2 branches).
Food is ridiculously cheap! had various family get together and birthday dinners at this place and for about 12 people its cost about $250 for 12 dishes or more! (no shiet). I’ve tried pretty much everything on the menu so i can recommend heaps of dishes i think is chomp worthy.
In the past i never thought to take photos of all the dishes (yes im kicking myself once again). but I thought i’d share this place with you all as it is a great eat for a cheap price. This weekend went here for a quick thai fix (nothing fancy) after a hard days worth of boot-camp fitness and cycling the last thing you need is a comforting meal.
Show me the moneyyyyyyy!
I said… show me the god damn money!!!
Crispy fried pastry and the soft filling of chicken minced, prawns, chestnuts and corns served with sweet chilli sauce.
BBQ Pork – Marinated with thai herbs and served with side of small salad.
Oh my god yes i love thai bbq!
Cucumber and Palm Sugar condiment
Fo shizzle ma nizzle! – fish, squid, prawns,
I’m sure everyone know what this is..
Original dish from the south of Thailand. Chicken with yellow curry in coconut milk, potatoes and onion served with cucumber sauce.
- Thai fish cakes – served with sweet chilli sauce topped withcrushed peanuts.
- Golden Chicken Wings - Chicken wings marinated in Thai herbs topped with special home-made sauce, sprinkled with sesame seeds and shallot.
- Phuket Grilled Fish (whole) – The famous grilled fish in Thailand! grilled Barramundi marinated in Thai herbs + served with an authentic sauce and a side of only the healthiest vegetables.
- Choo Chee Fish – Deep fried whole snapper, saturated in Choo Chee curry, an authentic red curry cooked with coconut milk and sprinkled with lime leaves
- BBQ Chicken (boneless!) whole/half - The chicken look likes a normal chicken, but surprise! there are no bones in it. Marinated with thai herbs and cooked in the thai way.
- Masman - A rich aromatic beef curry cooked with coconut milk, potatoes and onion.
- Prawn Or Crab Fried Rice – Thai fried rice with king prawns or crab, onion, tomato, peas and eggs, topped with cashew nut.
Doytao, Russel Lea
207-209 Lyons Rd
Russell Lea NSW 2046
P: (02) 9713 1899
Phone (02) 9517 1051